IEEE Computer Society Special Technical Community on Operating Systems (STCOS)
The Special Technical Community on Operating Systems (STCOS) encourages research, application of novel engineering methods, dissemination of knowledge, and advancement of education in the areas related to Operating Systems and complex software systems in general. The STC cosponsors conferences, maintains mailing lists, helps improve university curricula, and publishes newsletters.
operating systems, high-performance computing, storage systems, dependable computing, large-scale systems, systems management, systems security, systems transformations. systems integration and implementation; configuration management; testing
- We technically co-sponsor ICITCS 2013 and invite everybody to submit papers.
- Contact us if you would like to propose special section topics for IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing (TETC).
- We technically co-sponsor ICISA 2013.
- Roberto Gioiosa is a new STCOS co-chair.
- Our mailing list for OS-related announcements has 220 members - please consider subscribing too.
- Our web site and mailing list were down for two days in November due to a technical problem.
Special thanks to Prof. Steve Chapin
and Prof. Erez Zadok for helping resolve it very quickly.
- Congratulations to our past chair and the founder of Special Technical Communities at IEEE CS
who was elected president of IEEE Computer Society for 2014.
- We are closely working with HotOS 2013 and Systor 2013 organizers. Please consider submitting papers.
- Please contact Prof. Donald Porter
with ideas about advancing undergraduate education in systems area.
- We are looking for volunteers to contribute to STCOS newsletters
- Please consider submitting a paper to ICISA 2012 that we technically co-sponsor (Deadline: February 24)
- On November 30, 2011 IEEE CS TC on Operating Systems and Application Environments (TCOS) was transformed into IEEE CS Special Technical Community on Operating Systems (STCOS)
OS Community Mailing Lists
- firstname.lastname@example.org, which is
a mailing list for announcements of interest to the OS community.
Most posts require approval by the moderator and therefore can be delayed by several days.
- email@example.com, which is a more general discussion forum.
In terms of membership, this list receives all mail to tcos-announce
in addition to anything sent specifically to tcos-discuss. Subscribe
to only one list.
Please contact Nikolai Joukov or Roberto Gioiosa (the chairs) if you have any questions or suggestions.
TCOS officers are listed here.
Page last updated: July 25, 2013