IEEE Computer Society Special Technical Community on Operating Systems (STCOS)
- Roberto Gioiosa is a new STCOS co-chair.
- Our mailing list for OS-related announcements has 220 members - please consider subscribing too.
- Our web site and mailing list were down for two days in November due to a technical problem.
Special thanks to Prof. Steve Chapin
and Prof. Erez Zadok for helping resolve it very quickly.
- Congratulations to our past chair and the founder of Special Technical Communities at IEEE CS
who was elected president of IEEE Computer Society for 2014.
- We are closely working with HotOS 2013 and Systor 2013 organizers. Please consider submitting papers.
- Please contact Prof. Donald Porter
with ideas about advancing undergraduate education in systems area.
- We are looking for volunteers to contribute to STCOS newsletters
- Please consider submitting a paper to ICISA 2012 that we technically co-sponsor (Deadline: February 24)
- On November 30, 2011 IEEE CS TC on Operating Systems and Application Environments (TCOS) was transformed into IEEE CS Special Technical Community on Operating Systems (STCOS)
OS Community Mailing Lists
- email@example.com, which is
a mailing list for announcements of interest to the OS community.
Most posts require approval by the moderator and therefore can be delayed by several days.
- firstname.lastname@example.org, which is a more general discussion forum.
In terms of membership, this list receives all mail to tcos-announce
in addition to anything sent specifically to tcos-discuss. Subscribe
to only one list.
Please contact Nikolai Joukov or Roberto Gioiosa (the chairs) if you have any questions or suggestions.
TCOS officers are listed here.
Page last updated: February 19, 2013